China Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS)
Publish: November 2022
The study, which focuses on problems experienced in the last 6 months of 13-48 months old vehicles, ranks vehicles in segments and examines nine categories: Exterior; Driving Experience; Features/ Controls/ Displays; Driving Assistance; Infotainment; Seats; Climate; Interior; and Powertrain. Overall dependability is based on the number of problems reported per 100 vehicles (PP100), with lower scores indicating a lower rate of problem incidence and higher long-term vehicle quality. The study is an effective tool for manufacturers to learn about user’s feedback during their mid or long-term use of vehicles so as to enhance product quality management.
In 2022, in terms of the research content, the number of problem symptoms increased from 177 in VQS 5 platform to 184 in VDS 2022. VDS 2022 is more focused on collecting quality information related to new technologies, the number of problem symptoms for the infotainment system increased by 9. New category driving assistance contains 13 problems symptoms.
Evaluate problem symptoms in 9 vehicle system categories:
- Driving experience
- Driving Assistance
Research subscribers can gain a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of specific issues experienced by car owners and their impact on car owner satisfaction.
Research information includes:
- The brands and models with the fewest breakdowns;
- Comparison of vehicle problems experienced by vehicle owners with their expectations;
- The impact of the problem on the overall satisfaction of the owner;
- The type of problem that the owner thinks is the most annoying;
- Issues with the greatest negative impact on loyalty;
- Major parts replaced during the first 4 years of ownership;
- Helps understand where and under what circumstances the diagnostic problem details may occur.