China Initial Quality Study (IQS)
Publish: September 2022
The China Initial Quality Study (IQS) provides a measurement of “Voice of the Customer” during the first 2-6 months of ownership to identify those problems that vehicle owners encounter in this initial ownership period. The study addresses issues of design-related problems and defects/ malfunctions by make, model, and vehicle segment.
IQS provides information on issues such as: Which new vehicles provide the most trouble-free experience? What type of problems are experienced by customers? How vehicle problems influence customer satisfaction and advocacy? IQS finds the answers to these questions and thus helps companies enhance their product quality management.
J.D. Power formally launched VQS 2020 platform in 2020, which provides more quality questions related to current and future new technologies and features. The redesigned study will help manufacturers obtain more accurate and in-depth information.
The study examines nine categories:
- Driving Assistance
- Driving Experience
- Features/Controls/Displays (FCD)
- Infotainment System
Study subscribers will gain insight into the issues of build quality and design quality by make, model, body style, vehicle segment, and vehicle plant assembly line, which help automakers to understand:
- Which new models provide the most problem-free experience
- How vehicle problems influence customer satisfaction and advocacy
- Quality differences based on origin
- Quality differences of new designs vs. older designs
- Quality variability across brand portfolios
- Differences in the quality expectations of different customer groups
- Establish product priorities for future model development using various competitive sets and comparison of relative performances