China Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study
Publish: August 2023
The China Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study adopts unique approaches to measure how much car owners like or dislike virtually every aspect of their vehicles.
Containing 10 categories and 37 attributes, the study uses effective analytical tools to transfer car users’ experience and perception into useful analysis of products and marketing. It is of great reference value and has become a benchmark for measuring the appeal of new vehicles.
The study was launched on VQS 2020 platform in 2020. With a redesign of the structure of the questionnaire by integrating customer experience scenario, the study focuses more on the overall ownership and driving experience instead of evaluating a series of vehicle components one by one.
2022, APEAL will measure in 10 categories:
- Setting up and starting
- Getting in and out
- Driving feel
- Keeping you safe
- Driving comfort
- Fuel Economy
Study subscribers gain insights into new owners’ experiences with their vehicle’s design, content, perceived quality, performance and fitness for purpose, which helps automakers and suppliers understand:
- Which vehicle features and characteristics will excite and delight new-vehicle shoppers?
- What are the systematic strengths/weaknesses of an automaker’s models against key competitors?
- What vehicle characteristics should marketing messages focus on?
- How well does a new vehicle perform versus targets and core competitors? What lessons can be learned for future launches?
- Where should product priorities be placed for future model development?