JD Power conducts joint automotive research and client customized research in China, and provides related consulting and training as well as digital solutions. Every year, JD Power conducts more than 100 various studies in more than 70 cities in China.
In 2000, JD Power entered the Chinese market and carried out the first batch of industry joint research (new car quality research, sales satisfaction). In 2005, JD Power opened its first office in China in Shanghai; in 2006, JD Power acquired ARA Resources and integrated it in its Asia-Pacific business; in 2008, JD Power China became a wholly foreign-owned enterprise with its headquarters Shanghai, and set up an office in Beijing. In 2018, JD Power China accelerated the pace of digital transformation and continued to transform towards consumer insight providers driven by technology, big data and artificial intelligence.
In 2019, JD Power and Autodata Solutions merged to become a leading provider of automotive data, analysis, and software solutions. The world's leading private equity firm Thoma Bravo merged two innovative and complementary automotive data companies through acquisitions, aiming to bring higher value to customers and consumers. After the merger, the new company will continue to use the JD Power name to provide the automotive industry with market-leading new and used car transaction data, valuation tools, vehicle configuration information, and consumer analysis. The new company is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA.
- In April 1968, James David Power III and his wife Julie started JD Power in the kitchen of their California home, determined to become a rigorous and excellent third-party business research company.
- In 1969, James David Power III successfully won several well-known customers, including Toyota Motor Corporation, with its superior sales and public relations capabilities.
- In 1973, the Wall Street Journal launched JD Power's first sole proprietorship research report, which reported on Mazda Wankel engines' problems with wear and design. With the publicity of financial media with the largest circulation, and the objective of the report itself, pragmatically reflecting consumers' ideas and needs, JD Power gained a national reputation overnight.
- In 1976, the JD Power Distributor Satisfaction Survey (DAS) report was officially released. The role of the report is not only to harmonize the relationship with dealers, but more importantly, the JD Power report is even better than the National Automobile Dealers Association ’s own dealer satisfaction report.
- JD Power has published a journal on automotive consumer data, and the report has gradually begun to be addressed to manufacturers and consumers in a fixed form and a fixed release time.
- Toyota and Subaru and other upstarts in the Japanese auto industry have begun to actively cooperate with JD Power to understand the impressions of American consumers on Japanese car brands and products in terms of design, quality and reputation, and make corresponding improvements as soon as possible.
- JD Power gradually expands to other fields besides automobiles, such as tourism, telecommunications, residential, medical, retail, and banking, to bring more valuable data references to consumers.
- JD Power's Asia-Pacific companies in Japan, European branches in the UK, and Singapore offices have been established one after another. More employees with professional capabilities have joined the JD Power family, ensuring the sample size and bringing more accurate data results. .
- In 2005, JD Power and Associates joined McGraw-Hill as an independent brand under McGraw-Hill. In the same year, JD Power Shanghai Office was established.
- In 2006, JD Power acquired ARA Resources, and the Shanghai office was established.
- In 2007, JD Power China's wholly-owned company was established.
- Since 2000, JD Power China has conducted new car quality research (IQS), sales satisfaction research (SSI), after-sale satisfaction research (CSI), dealer satisfaction research (DAS), potential customer research (NVIS), etc. To conduct multi-faceted joint market research.
- JD Power China has carried out vehicle reliability research (VDS), after-sales service loyalty research (SLS), automotive finance research (DFS), etc. In-depth joint market research.